The ORCA is a unique gate system that lifts up and twists just like many traditional auto-locks, but can be set to remain in the unlocked position. This allows the gate to open easily, just like a non-locker, but close with the security of an auto-lock.
The ORCA is an enhanced 3-stage mechanism available on Pirate, rockD and rockO carabiners. This unique gate system lifts up and twists just like many traditional auto-locks, but can be set to remain in the unlocked position. This allows the gate—whether you attach the ORCA carabiner immediately, or leave it installed in an anchor to connect a line later, to open easily, just like a non-locker. When it closes, it closes and rotates shut with the safety and surety of a locking carabiner.
- Set to the "ready" position to open gate like a non-locker
- Use ORCA in situations when quick access is required.
As an HMS, or pear-shaped carabiner, the Pirate easily accommodates the use of a wide range of gear, webbing or ropes - either as a belay biner at the harness, or as a connector in a system. The Pirate's robust 0.5" diameter round frame will endure abuse from dirty ropes and metal connectors far beyond stamped carabiners with thin edges. The Pirate's durability matched with Rock Exotica's build quality ensures an impressive service life for the working professional or recreational enthusiast.
- Wide top radius allows munter hitch belay, or the connection of multiple items
- Durable 0.5" round-stock frame
- Snag-resistant keylock nose design
- Large and ergonomic angled gate opening
- Machined frame ensures tight tolerances and smooth operation